Our home for the last 6 years in Bryan, TX
Like a bullet train approaching top speed of 160 miles per hour, our life is changing and accelerating as we move into a season of full-blown transition. Next week we put our house on the market and in roughly three months we’ll feel the rumble of jet engines carrying us off to the land of the rising sun.
And I’m still wondering, how are we going to be ready in time? With support raising, visa clearance, packing, planning and the simplest but hardest part – saying goodbyes – we often feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things to do. But we know from the testimony of those gone before us and from the Word that God will provide.
Prayer and Action Items:
72% of our financial goal. Praise God! We are required to reach 80% by the end of next week. Practical ways you can help:
- Start your giving commitment. Every dollar that comes in helps tick our support % up. (e-mail Joyce at US.Donations@omfmail.com if you aren’t sure if this is set up)
- Pledge financial support
- People you know. If you’d like us to share at your small group or with someone else who you think needs to hear about this ministry, now is the time!
House for Sale. Our house will hit the market on February 24th. Just now discovering all the house projects past-self intentionally ignored and stored up for future-self to do. Great. If you can spare a couple hours between Feb 20th -23rd to help with patching up paint spots, cleaning, or helping with the kids (so we can work!), please let us know! You can click here to sign up for a time slot: Google Doc Sign up Sheet
We’re off to Houston for the Cypress Bible Church Missions Conference February 24-26th, so if you’re in the area, we’d love to see you!
Christ is so worthy,
Patrick & Ellen
photo courtesy of: Answers in Genesis
Every night in our Texas-sized yard we hear our neighbors cows, the occasional cricket, and our son singing this song over and over while he falls asleep. Shu wa subarashii, watashi no Shu. God is wonderful, He is my Lord. It’s beautiful to see God is working in his heart, preparing him for Japan and increasing his hunger for God.
Truly the Lord is wonderful, and we have so much to be grateful for. I’m reflecting on this more than usual as I just said goodbye to some very dear co-workers on February 1st, my last day at Briaud Financial Advisors.
As a special tribute to Briaud, I wanted to share three ways God changed me through my workplace.
- Excellence is expected. My bosses and co-workers challenged me to consistently deliver world-class service. I can’t wait to take this passion and apply it to serving the church in Japan.
- Complete ownership. I’ve never witnessed a group more committed to taking ownership of their mistakes, and eagerly learning from them to make life better. It has been a powerful lesson in humility, trust, and teamwork.
- Facing conflict head-on. We don’t shove any conflict or frustration under the rug, we face it. This lesson has paid off many times in restoring unity, trust, and friendship as we face misunderstandings.
Briaud, you hold a special place in my life, and I won’t forget you. Though you didn’t know it, you invested in missions to Japan by investing in me!
- Pledge Update: 59%. Tons of meetings, tons of followups to do. We are trying to reach 75% by February 15th or so.
- Family update: Rowan’s papa gifted him a month of karate to build his confidence and prepare him for Japan. Rowan is LOVING it! Thank you!
- Prayer update: Pray for peace as we trust the Lord to meet our pledge goal of 100% by end of March. Also, pray for wisdom as we schedule and make the most of these remaining months.
So thankful for you all,
Patrick & Ellen