Every night in our Texas-sized yard we hear our neighbors cows, the occasional cricket, and our son singing this song over and over while he falls asleep. Shu wa subarashii, watashi no Shu. God is wonderful, He is my Lord. It’s beautiful to see God is working in his heart, preparing him for Japan and increasing his hunger for God.
Truly the Lord is wonderful, and we have so much to be grateful for. I’m reflecting on this more than usual as I just said goodbye to some very dear co-workers on February 1st, my last day at Briaud Financial Advisors.
As a special tribute to Briaud, I wanted to share three ways God changed me through my workplace.
- Excellence is expected. My bosses and co-workers challenged me to consistently deliver world-class service. I can’t wait to take this passion and apply it to serving the church in Japan.
- Complete ownership. I’ve never witnessed a group more committed to taking ownership of their mistakes, and eagerly learning from them to make life better. It has been a powerful lesson in humility, trust, and teamwork.
- Facing conflict head-on. We don’t shove any conflict or frustration under the rug, we face it. This lesson has paid off many times in restoring unity, trust, and friendship as we face misunderstandings.
Briaud, you hold a special place in my life, and I won’t forget you. Though you didn’t know it, you invested in missions to Japan by investing in me!
- Pledge Update: 59%. Tons of meetings, tons of followups to do. We are trying to reach 75% by February 15th or so.
- Family update: Rowan’s papa gifted him a month of karate to build his confidence and prepare him for Japan. Rowan is LOVING it! Thank you!
- Prayer update: Pray for peace as we trust the Lord to meet our pledge goal of 100% by end of March. Also, pray for wisdom as we schedule and make the most of these remaining months.
So thankful for you all,
Patrick & Ellen