Photo courtesy of Pinterest
Both Texas and Japan are in the midst of flower celebrations this month, the bluebonnet and the cherry blossom.
How appropriate that in the midst of this Spring celebration we can praise God that we reached 100% pledged support! The prayer is answered. I have to highlight some testimonies of God’s goodness in this process:
- Three different missionaries decided they wanted to support us even though they are support-raised themselves and we never asked. How encouraging and humbling!
- Ellen and I have prayed privately and specifically that our support would be in by Mid March. On March 14th we were at 91%, and a family prayed over us that all our support would be in by the end of the week. Guess what? That next morning on March 15th, we received a completely unexpected e-mail and it brought us right to 100% (we didn’t announce this immediately since we needed to wait until the pledge was officially set up)
Praise God! So what does this mean for some of you are are still interested in pledging but haven’t done so yet? Don’t worry, you’re not left out, you can still pledge! Here’s why:
- Our actual budget ended up higher than our pledge goal, due to higher than expected housing and education costs.
- Funds beyond our basic budget go toward “wish-list” items such as education/retirement savings and special purchases such as an electric-assisted bike for Ellen (this would be super helpful since a bike is our main mode of transport carrying two boys on the back!)
So what’s next? Well we have all of our clearances now to leave for Japan. We are only waiting for the Visas and then flying out the second week of May, the tail end of cherry blossom season. Please pray for us as we say many goodbyes over these next few weeks.
Bless you all,
Patrick & Ellen
Apologies for any confusion from my last post; some understood our update to say we are already done raising financial support. We are not! We are at roughly 86% now, but we are required to be at 100% by the end of March in order to leave in May. The “go ahead” for May is to plan for that departure date and apply for visas. Please continue to pray for God to provide. Thank you!
“Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him. “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, “‘From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise’?” (Matthew 21:16)
Our four-year-old son Rowan stepped up to the mic, his voice quivered slightly as he began to pray: “Lord, I pray that the kids in Japan would know you God. Let the Japanese kids tell other kids about God, so that they may know you!” He stepped back from the mic, and worshiped God along with the other children.
What a beautiful sight seeing children worshiping God and interceding in prayer for the Japanese! Praise is our theme right now as God has been faithful to provide for our needs. Some encouraging updates to share with you:
Praise God for:
- 83% Financial Support! OMF wanted us to be at 80% by 2/24, and we hit 80% just 2 days beforehand. Only a week prior we were at 70%. We are cleared to aim for a May departure!
- Sold the House. We put the house up for sale on Friday, and by Monday we had two offers, one was above asking price! What a relief to have this taken care of. Signed the papers. Just amazing.
God is worthy of praise.
Over the next several weeks we will be focusing on visa work, finishing out our financial support, and touching base again with many supporters and friends as we get ready for goodbyes. Friends, this is happening. Thank you for being a part of our journey.
Patrick & Ellen